Phone+32 2 289 64 50 (direct); +32 2 289 64 55 (assistant)
Mobile+32 475 65 76 11
Fax+32 2 503 48 58
Yves Tavernier is a partner in the Commercial practice group. He works at the Brussels office.
Yves joined De Wolf & Partners in 2011. His main practice areas are commercial and corporate law and litigation, in particular banking litigation. He has vast experience advising on and negotiating corporate and commercial contracts including international joint ventures, cross border commercial contracts, finance contracts and mergers and acquisitions.
Yves was Regional Managing Partner and Head of the litigation department in his previous firm and is a former deputy judge of the Court of Commerce in Ghent (1989-2005).
He is a member of the International Bar Association, Board member of the American European Community Association and member of FCCC (Flanders China Chamber of Commerce) and BCECC (Belgian Chinese Chamber of Commerce).
Yves is Managing Partner of the firm since February 2012.
Master in European law, Université Libre de Belgique (ULB), 1974 (Cum Laude)
JD, Universiteit Gent, 1973
• Author of a number of publications for the European Commission on environmental issues in the iron and steel industry.
• Co-author on corporate law issues written between 1985 and 1988.
• Lectured in both Europe and the USA on the legal consequences of the introduction of the Euro (1998-2000).
• Speaker at several seminars on "Legal aspects of doing business in China" organized by FCCC (Flanders China Chamber of Commerce)
• October 2006 : Belgian Regional Mission to China – speaker at a seminar on "Doing Business in Europe and Belgium in particular – Importance of Double Taxation Treaty Belgium – Hong Kong and its extension to mainland China"
• June 2007 : Belgian Federal Mission to China similar presentation in Shenzen
• June 2008 : participant in FIT (Flanders Investment and Trade Agency) and FCCC business trip to China – speaker at seminar in Shenyang on "Belgium : bridge between China and Europe – aspects of double taxation treaties and of doing business in Europe".
• November 2009 : participant in AWEX (Wallonia Export Agency) mission to China, speaker at seminars in Chongqing and Chengdu on "Smart keys to enter the European Market" covering key data about Europe, the applicable tax treaties, corporate structure, visa and employment requirements, investment incentives
Regular lectures in Belgium on "Doing business in China"